Friday, May 28, 2010

Forget Me Not

On the way home from picking up Sophia this evening, we stopped at Harman's Farm. Luckily, the pick-your-own strawberries is still happening, so we waded through some big ol' muddy puddles down the neat rows of gorgeous strawberries.

I have to admit, Sophia and I hunkered down and indulged in a few strawberry samples. Its totally nerdy to say that I literally could taste sunshine in the strawberries. But I think we did. We are pretty stinking lucky to live so close to someplace like Harman's so we can eat such fresh fruits and vegetables.

I was in Minneapolis earlier this week, and had an overnight break from milking Phoenix and fending off the affectionate baby goats. I missed them. I missed all my kids, although my human kids are usually okay as long as I have promised to return from a business trip with candy. I missed my husband and my Havre de Grace.
I missed my routine!

This morning I was still struggling with gaining control over my schedule again, and at 9:30 AM I shouted at Kevin OH MY GOD HONEY I FORGOT TO MILK PHOENIX!! I was just chugging along at my laptop, drinking coffee in my pajamas, when WOW, was hit with that reality. I mean, really? How in the heck did I FORGET to milk an animal that turns into a monster with a goose's squawk when not milked every 12 hours?

Luckily, it was only 13 hours and she was pissed about my lapse, but healthy. The benefit of this scheduling snafu was that I got to learn how to chase chickens back into the barn with only a broom. A story for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment